3 Reasons why my Post Summary/Read More hack is better (possibly the best) than Blogger’s Read More

On September 9th 2009, Blogger released the much-requested Post Summary or Read More feature to bloggers blogging on the good old Blogger blogging platform. Despite the existence of the official Post Summary/Read More feature, I’m still using my old Post Summary/Read More hack because it is way better than Blogger’s. I’ll show you why in a second. Read on to find out. ;)


3 Reasons why my Post Summary/Read More hack is better (possibly the best) than Blogger’s Read More


1. My Post Summary/Read More hack runs automatically

Blogger’s Read More feature requires you to manually insert jump breaks into your blog posts and you must do so before you publish your blog posts.

My Post Summary/Read More hack runs automatically and requires no manual interventions. :)

2. My Post Summary/Read More hack automatically generates post snippets (some say summaries) for all posts; past, present and future

Blogger’s Read More feature can only generate post snippets on blog posts that have received the jump break-treatment. In order to generate post snippets on older blog posts, bloggers have to edit each one and insert jump breaks manually. If you have hundreds of old blog posts, such operations may take days to complete!

My Post Summary/Read More hack on the other hand will automatically generate post snippets for all posts; past, present and future. :)

3. My Post Summary/Read More hack automatically generates accurate and proportionally sized thumbnails from images posted along with my blog posts

Blogger’s Read More feature is huge welcome to many bloggers but not to a blogger like me who is fond of posting photos or images to compliment my blog posts. Blogger’s Read More feature glaringly lacks the ability to generate thumbnails from images/photos that bloggers have posted along with their blog posts. In the end, Blogger’s Read More feature makes post snippets look dull and uninviting.

My Post Summary/Read More hack on the other hand will automatically seek out images (will only choose the first image) posted along with my blog posts and generate accurate and proportionally sized thumbnails that compliment my automatically-generated post snippets beautifully. :)

The best Post Summary/Read More hack


Note:

Sometimes I do feel that I have the best Post Summary or Read More hack! ;)
Subscribe via RSS or Email:

Related Posts


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • Commenters are encouraged to leave comments via OpenID but if you have problems in leaving one via OpenID, please refer to this excellent guide.
  • Comments that add tremendous value to the blog post will not only get approved but also will be personally tweeted (learn how!) by the blogger behind this blog, giving commenters the opportunity to get even more traffic and gain even more exposure to their sites or blogs.
  • Comments that have links in the bodies of comments will never be approved.
  • Preferably comments should be made in English but comments in other languages are also acceptable.