- YouTube gets a huge 5 billion video views (54.8 videos per American viewer) in July 2008!
- MySpace gets 400 million video views (7.8 videos per American viewer) in the same month.
- Americans spent 558 million hours on online video watching.
- On average, one American watched 235 minutes of video.
- On average, Americans watched 2.9 minutes of video duration.
- The duration of the average online video was 2.9 minutes
- The average online video viewer watched 235 minutes of video.
Incredible! What did those Americans watched anyway? Women in bikinis? Obama? McCain?
It is interesting to note that MySpace suddenly gave users the ability to record videos directly at MySpaceTV yesterday. Does that sudden goodie has anything to do with comScore’s Press Release?
Probably so! It only shows that MySpace is kind of desperate to stay in the competition which is clearly being won by Google (via YouTube) at the moment. :-)
MySpace Will Allow Direct Uploads, But Is It Too Late?