Don’t get me wrong, Twitter is a great online communication and networking tool. Possibly the best we have on the planet right now!
My disappointment has nothing to do with Twitter; it has something to do with the lack of Malay internet marketers on Twitter. I’m a Malay guy with a little Chinese background since my family tree has a Chinese bloodline somewhere. I don’t want to sound like a racist but sometimes it would be nice if you can connect with people from your own ethnic background.
When I first joined Twitter about a week ago, I was hoping to connect with fellow Malaysian Malay internet marketers but I was really surprised to see that there aren’t any!
This is the problem with the Malaysian Malays in general. Never bothered to learn new things or try something new! If the Malays continue to live like this, I’m not surprised if one day the whole Malay race will perish from the face of the earth. :-(
5 Top reasons why Malay internet marketers should join and use Twitter
- Twitter is great for networking. You can make friends with people all over the world and showcase your business, products and services to them.
- Twitter is great for learning new things. Twitter community members are fond of sharing knowledge and expertise with everybody. You can learn a lot from the fastest growing community in the World Wide Web.
- Twitter is great for marketing. You can connect with fellow internet marketers from other parts of the world and market your products and services to them. You can do the same for them too.
- Twitter is great for finding new business ideas. I’m on Twitter for about one week now and already experiencing information overload. There are so many new business ideas put forward by members of the Twitter community!
- Twitter is great for morale and self-motivation. Let’s face it, internet marketing is not easy and many internet marketers have failed miserably. By following successful internet marketers on Twitter, you can find hope and inspiration from them.
Edited on the 6th of August 2008:
LiewCF Dot Com has come up with a nice list of 7 different ways or methods of Twittering. Go ahead and read it today but I would not recommend using desktop client applications that run on Adobe AIR though. It will bring your system down.