Do you know that you have more than 7 free Conficker (also known as DownAdUP ) worm removal tools (well endorsed by security experts) that you can use to detect/identify and remove Conficker worms from your computer?
Today is 1st of April 2009 and news/rumors of an imminent worldwide attack of the Conficker (some say Conficker.C) worm on April Fool’s Day is driving people like me nuts. Do you want to know why? You see, I was hit by Conficker pretty bad last year but now I am well prepared. :)
7 Free Conficker Worm Removal Tools
- Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
- F-Secure DownAdUP Removal Tool
- Symantec W32.Downadup Removal Tool
- McAfee Avert Stinger
- TrendMicro DownAd/Conficker Removal Tool
- Sophos Conficker Removal Tool
- ESET Conficker Removal Tool
There is more but the above 7 free Conficker worm removal tools are more than enough for me. ;)
Windows users must take some time to read KB 962007, information contained in the KB could help you prevent Conficker worm infections.