Saas: Software as a Service?

Have you ever rent software from Saas (Software as a Service) service providers before?

How was it? Is it great and reliable?

I have been following Phase Dot Com for quite some time now and yes, the site belongs to a SaaS (Software as a Service) service provider. I have great interest in using one of their many fully hosted saas solutions. Check out ShareCAD Pro, their hosted software application. I have an ongoing project with a local GIS company that is going places and I think ShareCAD Pro is just the thing they need to manage AutoCAD files while on the go.

The problem is that I have never used or tried SaaS before and a few times in the past, I even wondered why service providers want to provide hosting softwares!

Yes, I have my doubts but I need your help here. If you have used or tried SaaS before, let me know if it is worth it. Thanks.
Subscribe via RSS or Email:

Related Posts


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • Commenters are encouraged to leave comments via OpenID but if you have problems in leaving one via OpenID, please refer to this excellent guide.
  • Comments that add tremendous value to the blog post will not only get approved but also will be personally tweeted (learn how!) by the blogger behind this blog, giving commenters the opportunity to get even more traffic and gain even more exposure to their sites or blogs.
  • Comments that have links in the bodies of comments will never be approved.
  • Preferably comments should be made in English but comments in other languages are also acceptable.