Learn how to add Google Friend Connect to Blogger (Blogspot) blogs. It is really easy to do so. :)
Google Friend Connect is a great social networking feature not only for Blogger (Blogspot) blogs but also for other blogging platforms and websites as well. Google Friend Connect is quite new and bloggers should embrace it as soon as possible since Google has the knack of creating something that will become big one day. ;)
How to add Google Friend Connect to Blogger blogs
1. Go to Google Friend Connect home page and click on the ‘Set up a new site’ button.
2. Click on the ‘Continue’ link, fill up the ‘Tell us about your site’ form and click on another ‘Continue’ link once completed.
3. This is where most bloggers on Blogger (Blogspot) got confused. The truth is, bloggers on Blogger (Blogspot) do not have to download and upload those rpc_relay.html and canvas.html files! Just ignore such instructions and click on the ‘Continue’ link.
4. Click on the ‘Test to finalize setup’ link and then click on the ‘Get code for the Members gadget’ link.
5. Take this opportunity to customize your Google Friend Connect Members gadget. Once completed, click on the ‘Generate code’ button and copy the generated code.
That’s it, you’re done! Have fun with Google Friend Connect. :)